Kirklees Council has made a second and final round of the Local Authority Discretionary Grant fund available to help small businesses that have been impacted by COVID-19.
Grants of up to £10,000 are being made available to businesses with ongoing fixed property-related costs that have not received funding in round one and are not eligible for other Government grant schemes, including the Small Business Grant Fund and the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund.
This fund is available to the following types of businesses:
- Manufacturing businesses with their own business rate assessment with a ‘Rateable Value’ of over £15,000 and less than £51,000
- Businesses that wholly or mainly supply the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Sector with their own business rates assessment with a ‘Rateable Value’ of over £15,000 and less than £51,000
- OFSTED registered childcare providers
Businesses must also meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- Be a small or micro business
- Have relatively high, ongoing fixed property-related costs
- Be able to demonstrate they have suffered a significant fall in income due to the COVID-19 crisis
- Have been trading on 11th March 2020
- Occupy property, or part of a property, with a rateable value or annual rent or annual mortgage payments below £51,000
Applications are open now and you can apply online via our website www.kirklees.gov.uk/coronavirusbusiness .