The Mid Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce has launched a new annual awards event that aims to recognise the resilience, success and true Yorkshire grit of local businesses.
The Mid Yorkshire Chamber Business Awards Celebration is open to all existing Chamber members, including firms of all sizes and across a range of categories crafted to recognise achievement in many different areas.
Accredited by the British Chambers of Commerce, the Mid Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce has been supporting businesses across the Halifax, Huddersfield and Wakefield districts for over 165 years.
The awards categories are:
- Community Hero Award – Recognising the business or charity that has gone the extra mile to support their community throughout the pandemic
- Breaking Free Award – The pandemic has seen many individuals take a leap of faith and go freelance and we are keen to support these individuals on their endeavours
- Start-up Success Award – Celebrating fledgling businesses and helping to share the story of how and why you decided to launch
- Innovation Award – Recognising businesses that have changed or created their strategy, had a creative or resourceful response to Covid-19 or identified new ways of working
- Exemplary Employer Award – Recognising the employer that has gone above and beyond to support their team throughout the pandemic
- Chamber Member of the Year – Recognising a Chamber member that has shown their continued support to the Chamber over the last 12 months
The deadline for entries is Wednesday 5th January.
The winners will be decided using a points system, with the Awards ceremony set to be held at The Quarry, in Wakefield.
Mid Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce managing director Martin Hathaway said: “We are delighted to introduce the inaugural Mid Yorkshire Chamber Business Awards, celebrating success, resilience and innovation within our membership across the Halifax, Huddersfield and Wakefield regions.
“The past 18 months have been exceptionally challenging for businesses, with uncertainty running rife in our communities. Each and every business has shown true Yorkshire grit in recent months, and we would like to take this opportunity to recognise those firms and individuals that have gone above and beyond for their business, their team and their community.”
“The event will provide recognition to the leading lights in our business communities while also serving as an exciting and engaging networking opportunity in a lively, friendly environment.”
Nominations can be submitted online at https://www.my-chamber.co.uk/awards.
A limited number of tickets are available to purchase.