Venue: Smile Bar and Venue, Huddersfield
Date: November 14 2023
Time: 4 pm – 9 pm
As part of the Music Industry strand of Kirklees Year of Music 2023 (KYOM23), the district will be hosting the Kirklees Music Cities Forum alongside Music Cities Events. The forum will explore the theme “A Community that Lives and Loves Music” and takes place on November 14 2023 at Smile Bar and Venue in Huddersfield.
The Kirklees Music Cities Forum will be an event that brings together experts and industry professionals to explore the role and impact of music and a lookahead to what’s next as the Kirklees Year of Music draws to a close. Expect informative sessions and debate, networking and a community of industry organisations to connect with. The event is open to everyone working in the music industry, music development and policymaking in Kirklees.
The sessions will give an overview of the activities of the Music Industry programme for KYOM23, including hosting the Kirklees Music Ecosystem Network, the PLATFORM programme and will look ahead to maintaining the momentum, opportunities, and industry connections built during KYOM23.
Attendees will have the chance to dive into different presentations, panel discussions and workshops focused on bringing the local music community together and sharing resources to advocate for a stronger local music ecosystem.
Kirklees Music Cities Forum sessions include:
● Kirklees Year Of Music 2023 – A Vision For Change: A presentation on the activity of the KYOM23 Music Industry strand.
● Make It In Kirklees: What Can We Do To Enable People Stay in Kirklees To Develop Their Music Careers?: A panel discussion on career development opportunities for local musicians.
● Support Available: A presentation on funding opportunities for music projects by Help Musicians.
● Being Small Is No Obstacle: A case study on building a small-sized music district.
● Using Music To Revitalise The District: Affordability and Accessibility In The Music Ecosystem: A panel discussion on giving Kirklees the infrastructure to become a thriving ”music district”.
● What Next? A hands-on workshop dedicated to exploring the future of the local music industry.
● Live Show by Fishing4Compliments
This event is directed to all members and advocates of the music and artistic ecosystem, as well as people working on projects related to economic development, public policy and community organisations.
The Kirklees Music Cities Forum follows KYOM23 and Music Cities Events collaboration, PLATFORM – a career-changing artist exchange showcase which took place in April 2023. The event saw local music artists selected from an open call perform to an audience of esteemed music industry representatives, supporting musicians in securing festival and concert bookings and placing them front and centre in front of the best contacts to help sign international record label and management deals. The opportunity was also a strong investment into the Kirklees music ecosystem.
Sandra Perens, from Music Cities Event said: “Working with Kirklees Year of Music 2023 has given us the opportunity to support the artist community that brings music to our cities, and to help them to find ways to overcome some of the challenges they may face in building a viable career in the music industry.”
Cllr Yusra Hussain, Cabinet Member for Culture added: “We’re proud of our partnership with Music Cities Events which has seen a range of activities to support our local Kirklees music industry. The Forum will be a great opportunity for the sector to come together and reflect on what’s been achieved and how we can take the energy of the Year of Music, and build on it in 2024 and beyond.”
To access all information related to Kirklees Music Cities Forum, or to register your space for £5 plus Eventbrite charges, please visit: https://www.musiccitiesevents.com/kirklees-music-cities-forum