Aiming to inform and discuss different topics within leadership and management, the free to attend virtual series, which kickstarts on 9 June, will consist of five one-hour long sessions taking place between June and August led by industry experts. The sessions will take place via Zoom.
Below is the full line-up for the series:
- Wednesday 9 June – 10:30 -11:30 – Motivating Others – Naomi Regan
- Wednesday 23 June – 10:30 -11:30 – Emotional Intelligence – Tony Swainston
- Wednesday 7 July – 10:30 -11:30 – The Authentic Leader – John Drysdale
- Wednesday 21 July – 10:30 -11:30 – Understanding Unconscious Bias – Jo Thomas
- Thursday 19 August – 10:30 -11:30 – From Boot-room to Boardroom: Lessons for Organisational Wellbeing and Performance from Sport- John Gray
Named after 3M’s former Chairman, the Sir George Buckley Leadership Centre based at the 3M Buckley Innovation Centre (3M BIC), has been developed in response to feedback through the University of Huddersfield’s business teams, from companies and public sector organisations looking to develop their leaders and managers in increasingly challenging times.
Sue Alderson, Programme Director at the Sir George Buckley Leadership Centre, said: “Leaders are facing new challenges every day that are having a big impact on their organisations, particularly in the aftermath of the pandemic and the introduction of hybrid working, so it’s really important that they keep their professional development up to date.
“These masterclasses, delivered by industry experts, have purposely been designed to offer different topics that link to these challenges and will help towards creating empathetic, inspiring, authentic, and great all-round leaders.”
Participants can register for the free masterclasses through Eventbrite and can attend one or the whole series. To learn more about each of the topics, click here.
For further questions about the free Summer Leadership Masterclass Series or to find out more about the Centre’s upcoming September 2021 Level 5 andLevel 7 CMI programmes, contact the Sir George Buckley Leadership Centre team on firstname.lastname@example.org.